let’s have an honest chat about what sustainability means to us.
it’s not easy to be 100% sustainable—especially for a new, independent brand. but we're embracing the challenge by taking small, practical steps to make our products, and our company, more sustainable.
we're proud of what we've done so far, but we know there's a lot more to do. sustainability is an ongoing journey, not a destination — so please join us on this adventure!
reuse and recycle
like many of you, we're working to get rid of the single use plastics in our lives. 2 billion plastic razor cartridges end up in U.S. landfills every year. the hanni weighted razor is an eco-friendly alternative that doesn't compromise on performance or design. the hanni weighted razor is metal, re-usable, and 100% plastic-free.
where possible, we try to use materials that are endlessly recyclable. steel and tin are two such materials. once used, hanni's stainless steel blades can be recycled along with the tin blade bin at any recycling center.
please be aware: razor blades can't be recycled with your regular household items like bottles and cans. we recommend using a resource like earth 911 to locate the recycling center in your area.
packaging should do its job without creating excess waste. we've started with the fundamentals:
- our product boxes are printed with vegetable-based and soy inks on FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) paper
- we use recycled paper as much as possible
- the insert that cradles your weighted razor is made of biodegradable sugarcane pulp, which means it can live a second life as a nursery pot or simply tossed in your compost bin
- the shave pillow stick is made from 100% PCR (post-consumer recycled) plastic
- the shipping boxes and padded mailers that bring hanni to your doorstep are made of recycled paper, which can easily be recycled with your other household items
hanni delivers the softest, smoothest skin imaginable — with products 'wow' you as well as care for your skin and the planet. every formula we develop is good for skin health, with no harmful ingredients.
- NO animal testing (ever!) — all products are cruelty-free
- and yes, shave pillow is vegan, too :)
- clean ingredients, for products that are clinically tested and proven to be non-allergenic and non-irritating
- responsible packaging
- climate commitment and environmental giving
hanni has taken the 1% FTP pledge to donate 1% of annual sales to environmental nonprofits, and we've already given back for our first year in business!
the 1% that hanni is giving back will go towards carbon offsets, as well as RECs (Renewable Energy Credits). in 2021, we offset 60% of our unavoidable operating operating emissions (employee electric usage, freight shipping and customer shipping).
our credits were purchased via 1% FTP-approved partner bef — an environmental foundation working to provide global access to clean water and renewable energy.